Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Great Big Edinburgh Fringe 2010 List - Day Eighteen

The final list in all its glory. Eighteen days, a total of 53 shows (though there's a double and a triple of the same productions in there which would bring me down to 50), 18 pub/bar visits (obviously excluding such things as the whiskey-in-the-hip-flask-incident), only a couple of minor injuries, a flyerer beating flyer tally and pretty much no flippin' celebrity spots. Made all the more annoying by the fact that I managed to bump into every real-life-person it was possible for me to have bumped into. Obviously it was lovely to bump into you all, but you're not David Tennant are you?

Oh, and I got rained on quite a bit.

Edinburgh 2010, this list says a lot but my conclusion can only be: I loved you.


Shows:
Hamlet the Musical - Free (courtesy of twitter)
Emma Thompson Presents: Fair Trade - Free (courtesy of Theatre Ninjas)
Lovesong - Free (courtesy of the a man in the Pleasance Dome coffee shop offering me a free ticket. Score.)
The Chinese State Circus Mulan
- Review Show
The Inconsiderate Aberrations of Billy The Kid - £5 (even though I folded the friggin' programmes. And have something I wrote on the flyer. And...oh, you get the picture. Not bitter. Really.)
BattleActs! - Free (part of Free Fringe, I might not have put anything in the bucket afterwards on account of having seen - and paid for - the show seven times in London)
Like Little Girls in a Sweet Shop - Review
The Stag King - Free (courtesy of the man in C cafe offering me a free ticket. Score the second.)
Hot Mess - Review
Invisible Atom - Free (courtesy of Theatre Ninjas)
Primadoona - Review
Paul Sinha: "Extreme Anti-White Vitriol" - Review
Tiffany Stevenson: Dictators - Review
Luke Toulson: Sorry About Last Night - Review
You Can't Go Swimming With Your Ex Husband - Free (courtesy of Theatre Ninjas)
Emma Thompson Presents: Fair Trade - Review (and second viewing)
Righteous Money - Free (courtesy of a friend)
Steve Pretty on The Origin of the Pieces - Free (courtesy of Theatre Ninjas)
The Man and Men - Free (courtesy of Theatre Ninjas)
Lipstick - Free (courtesy of a friend of a friend)
The Grandees - Review
BattleActs - Free (see above)
Asoka - Review
Wealth - £8.50 (was offered a comp but a friend's show and only fair, really, to pay up. Hmm. Morals.)
The Wake - Free (courtesy of Theatre Ninjas)
The Inconsiderate Aberrations of Billy the Kid - Free (Because I made my financial point above and now I can accept comps for my support in kind)
Berlin For Beginners - Review (but Free Fringe so would have been free any way)
Potato Country - Review
Another Someone - £8.00 (Because I really wanted to see this and freebies really weren't going to happen)
Mr Kolpert - Review
Tiernan Douieb: Littlest Things - Review
BattleActs! - Free (Free Fringe, as above)
Nicki Hobday Conquers Space - Free (courtesy of Theatre Ninjas)
Pot Luck - Free (courtesy of Theatre Ninjas)
Helen Arney's Songs For Modern Loving - Free (courtesy of Theatre Ninjas)
I'm No Hero - Free (courtesy of Theatre Ninjas)
Death of a Samurai - Review
Up2D8 - Review (but Free Fringe)
The Lullaby Witch - Review
The Inconsiderate Aberrations of Billy the Kid - Free (support in kind as ever)
BattleActs - Free (Free Fringe, as above)
Monkey Poet's Welcome to Afghanistan - Free Fringe (but put all my loose change in the bucket afterwards because it was quietly brilliant)
The Second Star to the Right - £8.50 (student discount because C venues don't check...)
Photo 51 - £4.76 (with a 2-for-1 offer, split between three people)
Tim Turbull's Tales of Terror - Review (but Free Fringe)
Dracula - £8.50 (student discount again because C venues still don't check)
Sex Idiot - £7.00
Stationary Excess - £9.00 (again, a friend's show)
The Neon Bible Project - Review
Operation Greenfield - £9.50 (my most expensive ticket but utterly worth it)
Neil Hamburger - Review
BattleActs - Free (Free Fringe, and as above)


Pubs:
1 purveying whiskey and loud music.
4 x theatre bar purveying spirits and cake.
3 x purveying a beer garden and over priced vodka until I got cast discount (score).
1 which did not purvey Sunday lunch due to its special 'Festival Menu'.
1 launch party with free gin.
1 where I didn't worry about the prices because I wasn't paying. (score. Even though there was a cast discount involved for the person who was)
1 with connections to the famous Edinburgh Bobby.
1 where no one sitting round the table ordered alcohol.
1 where the beer pump broke mid-pint pouring.
1 on the Royal Mile which still wasn't the most expensive pub of the month.
2 x underground theatre bar with joyously eclectic furniture.
1 chain pub where even though we weren't drinking alcohol one of our group was ID'd.

Bruises/ Notable Injuries / Ailments:
Three. At least one of these deserves, if not its own blog post, then most definitely its own tweet.
One blister [left foot].
The Billy The Kid throat infection type thing (hear me growl)

Number of times I have been flyered:
A measly seven times.
A still insubstantial ten.
Fourteen. And no one flyered me after 2.00pm.
Twenty One (largely due to the walk of flyer death between Fringe Central and Gilded Balloon).
Twenty Nine (it would seem that the rain bothers flyerers almost as much as the look on my face does)
Thirty Three. (and this includes a mid afternoon walk down the Royal Mile. Ha ha!)
Thirty Six (I'm beginning to suspect I am obvious as a lost cause)
A triumphant Forty One.

Number of times it has rained (on me):
One!
Three.
Five.
Ten.
Thirteen.
Fourteen. (and I was wearing my sandals again)
Seventeen (would have be worse but lucked out with my raining-during-shows quota)

Number of spotteds:
Not a single one. Which is all the more pathetic given the number of real-life people I have bumped into in the last twenty four hours.
As above.
And repeat.
Stewart Lee! Finally!
Either I saw the guy who played Rosencrantz in the David Tennant Hamlet walking down Cowgate today or it was someone who looks *very* like him. Until proven otherwise I'm going for the former because I am clutching at straws here.
Still clutching at straws.
Andrew Clover in the audience for a show. Does he count?

No comments: