Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Scenes From New Cross: Tea Bag

Scenes From New Cross: Teabag

We are between workshops, seated on the patch of grass that is sandwiched between the main building at Goldsmiths, the Gym and a building site. Christ Church Quad it is not. As I am being something of a girl and feeling cold I have endeavoured not to remove my cape and so have been sitting on one half of Breakfast Club Boy's coat for the last ten minutes or so.

"You might want to be careful" Breakfast Club Boy says eventually.

I wonder what is coming. "Why?"

"There's a split tea bag in one of the pockets and I think it's the pocket you're sitting on".

"There's a tea bag in your pocket?" It is something that clearly needs repeating in order for my brain to process it. Just as I also process that I probably have tea-bag marks on my predominantly white dress. Obviously the law of maximum stain damage would mean it would in my half rather than his.

I move slightly and begin to rifle through the inner pocket closest to me. It is only when I have begun doing this that I realise that going through someone's pockets is not actually a polite thing to do. Especially when you have commandeered half of their coat. This, however, does not stop me as I find said teabag. Which is indeed split.

I hold it in my hand.

"Why?"

There is, of course, a perfectly valid-ish reason for Breakfast Club Boy having a teabag. The same kind of reasoning which means I usually have sachets of coffee in my handbag. What moves it into the realm of abnormal behaviour is the fact that it is leaking.

I cannot help the obvious question, speaking as if I am a Primary School teacher and he has put his PE shorts on backwards. "And why didn't you bin it when it split?"

He smiles as if we are having the most normal conversation in the world. Of course the teabag is still in his pocket.

There is nothing I can do. I take the teabag and return it to the pocket, making sure as I do that I am no longer sitting on the offending area.

It is fair to say that I mostly do not understand boys.

1 comment:

peterson said...

A Body Massage to Gain Height
Having a full body massage helps relieve stress and remove the hard and tough muscles in your body that seemed to have stiffened due to too much pressure. While being massaged, the body undergoes a certain relaxed state, helping a person loosen up his muscles and bones.
A full body massage helps increase height, whatever your age may be. Not only are tight muscles relieved during a session of massage, it also exercises the bones and stretches them. Have you ever noticed that whenever you are being massaged, some of your bones seem to pop and you are relieved and relaxed?
Some gaps between bones are not being filled up with the right amount of fluid that is should contain to work properly. This is caused by stress and an unhealthy diet. A small person that starts practicing a balanced diet, the right amount of sleep, exercise and regular massage therapies, he should expect to grow taller in a matter of weeks. For more information, go to http://www.growth-flex.com/ .
Massaging also helps improve posture, which is enough to increase an inch or two on top of your actual height. Many people have become used to standing in a humped style that they do not recognize the adverse effects of such. Height is not the only one directly affected by mal-posture. Several spinal column problems have aroused from employing the wrong posture. Such instances include scoliosis and lumbago.
Many experts actually recommend massaging so that the body will not be totally shocked with the growth enhancing methods that a person goes through to gain some height. One good growth enhancer is the Growth Flex V Pro System. Here you can visit, if you need to know in details, http://www.growth-flex.com/ .
------------------------------------
peterson