Monday, February 02, 2009

Songs For Polar Bears

Songs For Polar Bears

When I went to bed last night Forest Hill looked a bit like this:

The night before...

This morning when my alarm went off and I switched my phone on I got a series of texts from The Writers about how/if it would be possible to get into Goldsmiths. Then, just as I'd pulled myself away from my hotwater bottle the text came that Uni was in fact closed for the day. Just like when you were at Primary school and there would be a snow-day! How exciting. Obviously I replied with varying degrees of sarcasm about the South and how a little bit of bad weather stops everything. Because this wouldn't happen in the North. Clearly.

And then, erm, I actually went outside and - heck - that's quite a lot of snow. Now I'm sure that the various Canadians currently in my life would disagree with that assertion but as snow goes it is a long, long time since I think I have seen this much. This is England after all. We get a 1cm and it makes the news. And though it has managed to bugger up my plans for the day...well, doesn't Forest Hill look beautiful:

Narnia (Almost)

Sledging on the hill

Snow...

A bit more snow...

Someone clearly had too much time on their hands...

My only slight worry is that it is continuing to snow. And I have many, many plans for this week, almost all of which actually require me to be more than ten minutes walk from my flat. So, you've had your fun now and if we could go back to normal tomorrow then that would be great. Thanks.

3 comments:

Val said...

That is a lot more snow than we have here. Far more than the south can cope with, I'm sure.

It had better go before Thursday though, or I won't be happy!

coffee girl said...

PRETTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Anonymous said...

It is quite beautiful isn't it? Lovely photos. My uni closed at 4.30 which, given I was supposed to be working 'til 10, I was not unhappy about. To be honest we probably could have stayed open, the promised blizzard has not materialised. Maybe tomorrow... Cx