Friday, February 27, 2009

Right To Reply

Right To Reply

Because I am nothing but fair and since Breakfast Club Boy took an inordinately large amount of time to compose a response to the whole tie-dye-shirt-fiasco (possibly not aided by my trying to read over his shoulder/ commenting on his inability to operate a computer/ how long it was taking him to blog) , it is probably only right that it takes its place on DA:
Petunia is a fashion fascist. That is to say she exercises and attempts to enforce rigid restrictions on the sartorial expression (and similar arts) of those around her that are emblematic of a highly conservative, xenophobic view point. A view point indicative of one thing - fear. Petunia (a pleasant fellow in many ways) clearly fears the vivid, the surreal and especially the psychedelic. The harshest of her fascistic restrictions (and attempted punishments through humiliation tactics) are reserved especially for anachronistic items of fashionistic bliss. Well hear this Petunia, I will not be censored - for every rolled eye and sarcastic witticism or riff on colour-blindness (a genuine disability that should not be lampooned) or hippy-dom (refer to previous parenthesis) I will endeavor to up the ante! Long live the paint splattered v-neck!
Breakfast Club Boy, 26th February 2009,
Revelations of a Life Lived in Syntax.


It would appear that the first step in up-ing the ante has consisted of him dyeing his hair a shade of I've-been-in-a-pool-of-chlorine-too-long-green. Needless to say when I walked into the Nice Pub to discover this I temporarily lost the ability to speak. Because - GREEN HAIR. On purpose and not as a result of a freak-dyeing accident. It boggles my mind a little.

At least there was the possibility of burning the tie dye.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When worlds collide.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/cat77/nkotb/fuglyorangeshirt.jpg

Style is hard, not everyone can do it. And that must be embittering, I imagine. Don't rise to it, just think; What Would Audrey Do? ;o)

Cx

Val said...

Ah, the joys of student life. I remember boys (and sometimes girls too)who changed their hair colour almost weekly. Occasionally, it even fitted in with the wierd plays we were doing!

On another note, you could always shave his head when drunk. Or, slightly less extreme, buy him a hat!

starbuckscoffeegirl said...

it amuses me...actually no i think that's the end of my sentence. there used to be this dude who came in every day with a green mohawk, i was really upset the day he walked in and it was no longer green.

Corinne said...

Arrgghh, Cat, my eyes, my eyes! This really is a profoundly disturbing turn of events as I'm beginning to wonder if this says more about me than anyone else...

Given that I believe he thinks hats make him look short (oh dear) it looks like it's going to have to be the more drastic option...

And, Nik, GREEN HAIR!

starbuckscoffeegirl said...

hang on, whoa! how can hats make you look short??

i think we need to establish the exact shade of green here...