Saturday, May 17, 2008

There is only one month a year that I do not wear sunglasses. This undoubtedly says something about me

There is only one month a year that I do not wear sunglasses. This undoubtedly says something about me.

I am rushing around, faffing with my handbag and work bag and whether Mini David's head will fit neatly into either. I sit on the armchair, catching the side of my (not just any I don't need a bag bag) but my M&S I don't need a bag bag. Immediately there's a sound of something snapping under my weight. It is not a noise that fills me with confidence.

Tentatively I stand up and put my hand into the bag.

I find the source of the noise immediately. There, perched neatly next to my passcard and on top of my (very recently) annotated script, sits my sunglasses. My sunglasses which are now in three pieces.

I pull them out, any hope of being able to fix them with anything other than super-human powers evaporating instantly. I look down at my lovely Oasis green sunglasses that I have adored since the end of last summer.

It is, I think we can all acknowledge, a sad day.

1 comment:

Six String Kid said...

tis a sad day indeed, right up there with the whole i left my sunglasses in the good toilets [aka the posh portacabins] and now they are gone thing...
nic. x