Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Only Dean has said he will stay up talking to me all night so I cannot read the book

Only Dean has said he will stay up talking to me all night so I cannot read the book

"Can I make a request?"

I nod.

"Can I not work on Saturday the 21st". There's a slight pause. "For literary and cultural reasons".

I raise my eyebrows; there is a flicker of recognition.

"Because you're going to stay at home and read Harry Potter all day?"

"Yes" comes the half swallowed reply, the acknowledgement that here is a twenty-something asking for a day off in order to read a children's book*.

"I'll see what I can do" I smirk, all the while basking in the secret knowledge that my re-read is done, my copy reserved and my own day off booked.

*Obviously I jest.

1 comment:

Oberon said...

.....i love that marilyn monroe picture.