Thursday, July 19, 2007

It's not a bag. It's a lifestyle.

It's not a bag. It's a lifestyle.

We've just spent the last few hours sitting in Regent's Park watching a musical which (officially) no one has ever heard of. But it was light and breezy and the weather is wonderful, so it is fair to say that I have enjoyed it. Especially the bit where one of the dancers' umbrellas broke. Because people who see a lot of theatre? We love it when it goes wrong.

Now we're following, procession like, after Director Boy who (of course) knows a good third of the cast.

I stride out, pashmina draped around me, Paddington bag on my arm, umbrella (for there was a mini monsoon just before we left the flat) hanging down. As I walk past a man in his sixties catches my eye.

"That was an excellent show; we really enjoyed it" he says smiling at me.

It takes me a second to process this. And then it dawns. He thinks I was in the show. This is not the first time that this has happened to me, but it is the first time that someone has thought this post-show. I wonder briefly who he thought I was, hoping vehmently that it was someone with better legs.

And because there is nothing else that I can do -

"Thank you".

Because I clearly do not have issues for taking credit for something I had absolutely nothing to do with.

When I have walked out of his sightline I exchange looks with the rest of the group.

"Did that man think you were in the show?"

"I think so".

"Ah, it's the Chloe bag. He could smell it".

1 comment:

Val said...

At least you had your umbrella this time!