Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Because it really should be marked...

Because it really should be marked...

As of 17:03pm today I - officially - finished the third draft of The Four Right Chords.

Over the past month I've managed to chop off over 3,000 words, taking it from a slightly chubby teenager to a more sleek twenty-something. Needless to say the diet hasn't been entirely stress free. When I start work on the second draft of 'Corinne's New Play' I fully intend to stick a post-it note next to my computer banning me from using the words 'because', 'well' or 'actually'. And I'm sure that when (tonight) I read-through Four Chords in its entirety (something I haven't done since I made my annotated revision notes at the end of January) I will find niggles and gripes and podgy bits that the exercise hasn't managed to shift and which I will have to deal with by resorting to support knickers.

But there is - at least for the next hour or so - a feeling of relief. And a desire for chocolate cake.

1 comment:

Val said...

'Well done!'