Sunday, January 28, 2007

My Sun Kissed Trampoline (Or Happy Birthday DA)

My Sun Kissed Trampoline (Or Happy Birthday DA)

Today I have been blogging for two years. This is strange for lots of reasons, not least because this deems this blog as a significant relationship. Albeit one without the answering back.

The last year has undoubtedly been less loudly momentous than the one that preceded it, though in a much quieter way it's been equally significant and certainly without the need to revise for three months of the year [ah, remember the days when I used to blog about which ever piece of literature I'd been reading that day, Chaucer and all] it's been infinitely more enjoyable. I saw more theatre than I've seen since I was 20, went to more gigs than I've ever been to and gained a job I love [even if I do threaten to resign at least twice a shift]. I've been to places I've never heard of and even now couldn't find on a map and stood in a field in Dundee with Nik, screaming my head off. There was a glorious, utterly magical summer which I suspect that I will remember for ever, not least because it lead to the curious realisation that Dean and I will eventually get married. Albeit without the babies.

There were sadder things along the way; my brother was diagnosed with a form of autism, I got a bit panicky and defensive about where my life was heading [not helped by every person who asked me when I was going to get a proper job] and I learnt that sometimes doing the right thing sucks, however sensible it might be. There should probably be a lesson about actors in there too, but you know as well as I that I'd do it all again.

For all this I'm incredibly happy about where I stand now. I'm also incredibly excited by everything that's to come in the next year [and that's just the McFly non-stalking] and where I might end up. And I'm full of love for this blog and everything that's contained within it. Even when it does lead to Dean inadvertently telling History Boy about his blog name.

So, Happy Birthday DA. I look forward to the next one.

No comments: