Monday, November 13, 2006

For Future Reference

For Future Reference

Having seen The History Boys and Starter For Ten in the past seven days it should be noted that I have developed a little bit of a crush on Dominic Cooper. I'm brushing under the carpet the fact that he spends the majority of the former in a school uniform and has a storming Essex accent in the latter, lest I start getting worried about myself. Because I'm already a little bit worried that multiple people have asked if I want David Tennant/ John Barrowman dolls for Christmas*. I've got to think: where will this end if I throw in uniforms and not very appealing accents?

Two words: Restraining. Order.

*The answer - obviously - being yes, yes and again yes.

5 comments:

Nik said...

just fyi, never write a blog entry mentioning starter for ten and not mentioning james mcavoy... :P

Stephen said...

I'm reading Untold Stories right now, and there are sections on writing both 'History Boys' and 'The Lady in the Van' - plus Bennett's diaries covering the period while 'History Boys' was written and produced - I have to admit every so often I will come to a passage and think of DA... I hope it's on your list, if you haven't already read it.

Nik said...

can't believe i've only just thought of this quote but... "what does handbag version say to you?" lmao.

billygean.co.uk said...

OMG blog already

Corinne said...

lol, billygean, right on cue ;-)

Stephen - on your suggestion I bought Untold Stories and I'm working my way through it at the moment and absolutely adoring it. It's odd, I never thought I'd lose my heart to Bennett - I suspect he might find me a bit giddy and frivolous - but I really understand him and I think he'd understand me a bit. I'm immensely flattered that he makes you think of me.