Monday, October 02, 2006

Does my bum look big in this?

Does my bum look big in this?
Not wanting to waste a glorious Sunday after our indie rock and roll evening Cat, Val and I went to Belton Hall. It's where they filmed some of the new BBC Jane Eyre*, y'know. It's also a National Trust property which meant I got to flash my NT card properly rather than having it in my purse and pulling it out to surprise people in the middle of Leeds Slug and Lettuce. Because - and I'm sure you'll be equally as bemused as I am - it seems that people don't expect me to be a member of National Trust. It may have something to do with the fact I own pink wellies.

To get back on track and away from my wellies, the afternoon was beautiful, the house itself was gorgeous, all light and airy with what seemed like hundreds of windows and it had a rather impressive fountain in the grounds. And I'm sure it was all very educational. Yes, I know you're going blah, blah, blah get to the chase. Well, the thing about Belton? There was a dressing up room.

Yes, let me say that again in case you didn't get the full impact the first time. Dressing up. With big dresses. Giving you even bigger bottoms.

Does my bum look big in this?


I suspect I could have done with a slightly smaller size - because I do have a waist - but in case you think that I managed to achieve that look without any help I have to inform you - there was padding.

The One With The Padding

J-Lo eat your heart out.

*Just how much am I loving Mr Rochester? Answer, a lot.

1 comment:

Val said...

That big thing that looks like a wheel behind you - that's my crinoline! I'm also loving Toby as Mr R - but I think it will get scary next week!!