Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I Hope They Give Us Cake

I Hope They Give Us Cake

How to make sure that my already limited interest in the inner workings of the sub-contract payment system is reduced even further:

1. Leave me a voicemail and then text me to tell me to go and listen to said voicemail in the toilets.

2. Reveal on voicemail that we are going to Fundee*...

3. For not just one of the days of One Big Weekend but BOTH thus meaning that the whole groups-I-want-to-see-are-split-on-both-days issue is solved...

4. And - yes there's an AND - we're getting hospitality passes. Which - in plain language - means that Radio One are footing the bill for the hotel. And breakfast it would seem.

5. Make me vomit from excitement** and leave me in a state where I cannot manage to lock the stationery cupboard on my own. Yes, I know this implies that our stationery cupboard has a lock but there are battles fought over much less than a missing biro and some bulldog clips so it's a necessary evil.

It's probably noticeable that whilst my ability to do any proper work was somewhat limited I did manage to off load my shift at the WYP on Friday night [the good thing here being that there aren't a lot of shifts at the theatre at the moment so they're much easier to give away than usual] within five minutes of coming off of the phone to Nik. Priorities would be the word.

But you know what this means? It means Snow Patrol. It means the-other-Corinne. It means Dirty Pretty Things and Razorlight and The Feeling and Keane. But most of all it means Posh-Young-Farmer-Boy. How fab is that?

*Dundee. But for ever more known as Fundee. Until it rains that is.

**Good job I was in the toilet already.***

***Ok, so I didn't actually vomit. I just felt like I was going to.

9 comments:

Nik said...

Mega! It's my new favourite word. How the hell I am ever going to revise is beyond me...

Val said...

I hope you get to meet Mr Crocodile! Just how did you wangle the hospitaility passes?!

cat said...

omg! I almost felt like vomiting as I read that! don't worry though, I didn't. that's amazing! I'm a bit giddy for you too! whooo!

Nik - like puffball skirts I remember "mega" the first time around and, like puffball skirts, I'm slightly worried about its return...

cat said...

oh no! what about that other band you need to see? On Saturday. In Leeds! :O I feel duty bound to go and see them now...

gayle said...

Say hello to Preston and Chantelle from me.
OK, just Preston then. You can slap Chantelle round the face with a D(F)undee Cake if you prefer.
Have a ball. x

PS Mega?? Can I start saying Ace all the time again too then?

Corinne said...

If I don't get to meet Mr Crocodile I will have a strop! And I've no idea how we ended up with the hospitality passes other than that R1 is obviously generous with its competition prizes.

I know, Cat - you can probably smell my guilt in Boro.

Corinne said...

Gayle, I think I'm stalking you round the internet without even trying. I can't remember the last time I heard 'Ace', I think you should bring it back and in return I will make sure Chantelle slips on some Fundee cake.

gayle said...

Are you trying to nobble me?

My Secrets Inside said...

Wow, so pleased for you, I'm excited myself just reading about it, hope you have a great time (as if you couldn't, right?) but I'm also a teeny bit jealous ;-) that is one great line-up :-D