Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Health and Safety!

Health and Safety!

If there are times when you feel like you're chasing around after yourself then this, for me, is one of them. What with the WYP flinging more shifts my way [and another round of interviews], getting dragged out to Wetherby to type and not use their internet access for blogging, writing deadlines [including the one for the showcase at the WYP], a half finished podcast and some rather intensive non-stalking to do the one thing which all this seems to not be conducive to is blogging. Which is a shame as I've got six or so posts half finished in my head waiting to tumble out. But it's going to have to wait until I have a spare five minutes when I'm not supposed to be doing something else [I seem to be free for a couple of hours on Friday, so hold on for then]. So for now I'll leave you with possibly my supreme moment of the last few days:

"Not that I'm a hypochondriac but my leg is broken and I've developed asthma"

The reason? A moderately long walk around Fountains Abbey. I do despair of myself sometimes.

And though I don't usually use DA to plug anything (other than indirectly what with all the stalking) I'm making a special case for Riccardi's gig at The Mixing Tin in Leeds on Thursday night. Fun and games start from 8.00pm and as well as hearing their new material (and seeing some comedy glasses) you could even end up drinking cocktails with yours truly. Which might put you off. But come anyway. You can always ignore me if that's better and I won't be offended.

17 comments:

Billygean said...

You know, blogging about not having time to blog negates blogging.

I despair of myself too.

Gilly.

Ps. Language essay being flung your way too. You *can't* say no because i got 58 last time and corinne's marking doesn't get me 58s :)

Nik said...

Would Little Ms National Trust like another lang essay? You know, because you obviously don't have enough to do, so if I can help in any way...

As for the Mixing Tin, I'd like to say that I read your blog and then decided I wasn't going but alas I didn't. I love going to cocktail places with you, they try and chuck us out, you argue with them whilst I down the drink you couldn't finish...why aren't I going again?!

Billygean said...

You should go nikky nak. I will make you write 1000 words per day in order for you to go.

And by the way, don't send Coza you dissertation - she can't remember *any* of middlemarch. *Tuts*

Gilly.

PS. I just wrote tutus instead of tuts.

Nik said...

I will go if YOU write 1000 words a day for me :P

Tut tut Corinne, I remember once at a signing at The Trafford Centre, you told me it was one of your favourite books and nearly took the dvd up to Griffin - that was obviously when we thought it hilarious to pretend he was the cash desk - maybe you should have bought it after all...

P.S - Gilly it would be better if you wrote Tumnus by mistake.

Billygean said...

Corinne! You have deserted young George. Okay, so I have never read it but I am currently knee-deep in bloody down-in-the-dumps-Hardy
Tumnus

Nik said...

Awww George will be all upset now. Eliot, not your laptop. That would be stupid.

Tumnus

Billygean said...

Borinoe's laptop IS ELIOT. That's why it's so bloody temperamental. I think we should call it Dorothea. Corinne's overly-religious laptop. Indeed.

Nik said...

Dorothea is a rubbish name, plus she's supposed to be a modern day Mother Theresa and that laptop certainly does no good to the general public.

Billygean said...

IS she? Fuck, I totally missed that.

*Apparently* Bathsheba in Far From the Madding Crowd is Eve. All women are stupid, blah blah blah.

Nik said...

I've not read that but that is a stupid name too. We are not calling Coza's laptop that!

Billygean said...

Hm... Tess? Fanny Robin? Fancy Day?

Nik said...

Fancy Day is always Keely Hawes in my head. Though she's also Lady Macbeth. Tis all very confusing. Oooh call it Macbeth. Double double toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble. Oooh or our three computers/laptop can be the three witches.
So glad to see Corinne's antispam thingy is working...

Val said...

What is this - a chat thread? ;-)

Hope the broken foot/leg is better Coza - see, I'm offering sympathy this time!

cat said...

I do feel sympathy for you, don't get me wrong, I really do - that was a very nasty ankle injury and bound to leave some weakness.

but I'm afraid I must take issue with your characterisation of a little, flat (unless you're cycling) Sunday stroll with two - count 'em! two!, trips to the tea room and retail opportunities as a "moderately long walk". p'ah! feel my dispair...

Shona said...

That lovely walk wasn't quite enough so I had to go back on Monday and do the walk up to the other centre, over the top, past the church, and back round to the car park ... managed 2 tea room trips again tho'!!!!!

Hope the foot/ankle and asthma are coping in the 'urban' setting!! Still not tempted by pink hiking boots?

My Secrets Inside said...

I would have liked to have been abl;e to say that I was going to see Riccardi this evening even though you shall be there ;-) but alas I can't so have settled for going to see a different band instead. :-D

Corinne said...

Phew, almost a record for my comments box!

Gilly & Nik - fling the essays in my direction (once I've got my monday deadline over I should have some time). And as for the slur on my Middlemarch knowledge..erm, well, it's four and a half years since I read it and I've rotted my brain since then.

Val - sympathy duly noted. though it's also noted that there aren't any actors around at the moment ;-)

Cat - I wish I could argue with your assessment but I can't.

Shona - I think we can hold the boots still ;-)

Jenny - Lmao! I hope you enjoyed your gig.