Saturday, February 11, 2006

Postman Pat

Postman Pat

If today is a mixed bag what with there being the John Barrowman-less Strictly Ice Dancing [I know I've got The Sound of Musicals to help me cope but, frankly, it's not enough] and the distinct possibility that we will have no electricity for a couple of hours [it's a long - not to mention slightly tedious tale - which involves the local substation having had a fire, us losing all electricity for 20 minutes on Thursday night and them needing to correct the problem tonight], then I got a couple of bits of good news courtesy of Royal Mail:

1. My Romantic booklet - in tv tie-in type way - finally arrived, something which I'd begun to expect wouldn't happen until the next millenium. And I am always going to get excited in regard to anything which concerns my Romantic boys. It has pictures of Byron in it, afterall.

2. With unexpected promptness it emerges that I've got a place on the WYP's 'So You Want To Be A Writer' course. Which means five classes with 14 other wannabe playwrights under the guidance of Mark Cately [whose latest play I will undoubtedly be FoH-ing in a month or so] and then a mini showcase of writing at the WYP on the 13th of April. I probably don't need to emphasise how much this excites me, though - thankfully for all concerned - I did manage to hold in the desire to whoop.

Which possibly shows that I shouldn't moan about our Whitby-Gazette reading postman quite as much as I do.

7 comments:

Nik said...

Shall I whoop for you? Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Well done Coza!

Who's winning/won Strictly Ice Falling Over then?
Incidentally, if you're stuck for something to watch, there's always the Olympics ;)

Billygean said...

Hurrah!

I must confess, I told my tutor about you. Who's a playwrite (been to edinburgh)... He's also erm, been to your blog I think... because i linked there and he reads mine.

*smiles manically*

Jen said...

Joining Nik in the whooping for you!!
Well done, can't wait to hear all about it!!

gayle said...

Congrats Coza. :-) x

Shona said...

Fabulous news ... a think a woo woo is in order xxx

My Secrets Inside said...

Well done :-D

I've not really got into dancing on ice but I did see John Barrowman on The sound of musical, I thought he was quite good :-)

Corinne said...

Thank you all (woo woos all round I think).

Billygean - you've scared me now!

Jenny - glad to feel a bit more love for Barrowman in the room! *rolls eyes*