Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Almost Famous

Almost Famous

So I was lying in bed, knowing that I had five minutes before I REALLY had to get up when the infamous CBR came on the Radio One. Then...

"That's the girl from Leeds isn't it? I'm from Leeds and I've never met anyone called 'Corinne', 'Bailey' or 'Rae'!"

Well I can't help on the last two, but just you wait a few weeks for the first one, Chris...

NB: While I'm here I have developed somewhat more sympathy for CBR despite the aforementioned name theft on account of the sheer number of hits I've had for her with the wrong spelling of Corinne. I guess there are some things which don't change.

4 comments:

Nik said...

I can spell it right! Unfortunately my Dad can't.

Jen said...

I spell it right too, just hear that mantra in my head all the time...(1 r 2 n's..1 r 2 n's)

I heard Moyles this morning as well and so just had to text in and tell him how I know another Corinne from Leeds LOL

cat said...

I've heard Vernon Kaye, Mark Radcliffe and Sir Terry of Wogan all mis-pronouncing you this week, grrrr!

bex said...

I have only heard me mis-pronouncing your name this week. when you wont answer the phone :0(