Wednesday, January 18, 2006

You Know How I Love A Quiz...

You Know How I Love A Quiz...

Being somewhat tested by the notion of Sunday working two weeks in a row, I was a little - ok, rather a lot - reluctant to make my way to the WYP. Once I'd gotten there - and moaned about the fact that I was missing a hypothetical Sunday Lunch - I lost some of my reluctance. Mainly through sneaking into the warm up so that Ballet Attendant could have a sneaky peek at the aforementioned Lizard. Because I like warm ups that I don't have to participate in. They make me laugh. And thus I realised why, despite the Sunday working ethic, I do rather love the WYP. Especially since - touch wood - I've gotten through the childrens shows without the need of the magic sick pack*.

The good point of there being so many shows at the WYP over the Christmas period had meant that I'd spent five weeks with them as my sole employer. And as well as meaning that I could probably do the job in my sleep - and indeed understudy the role of Alice should the actress need a day off - it meant I'd gotten used to the late starts and even later finishes. Of being paid to watch plays. Which has no resemblance whatsoever to my normal employment status. Given that I can't find anything remotely as exciting in the contents of endless construction drawings. So I wasn't actively looking forward to my return on Monday morning. Indeed we should probably scrap the 'actively' altogether.

My return to normal working hours, if something of a bump, was infintely soothed by the quiz I was shown during my lunch break. We attempted the 225 question pop quiz and managed to get 83 of them between the three of us in thirty minutes or so. But it's hard. And addictive. But it did give my brain something to think about when I returned to the explosion of filing. Which my sanity is massively grateful for.

*And it is magic. You get an apron and everything. I could do with some for motion sickness purposes.

2 comments:

louise said...

ahh, I get motion sickness too. It's shitty. I should really start taking those aeroplane sick bags in the car with me! Easier than a bucket!

Billygean said...

Happy Birthday and congratulations on your oh-so-sienna phone!!

Gilly