Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Tiramisu Chocolates, God's Way of Making Me Resemble A Hippo

Tiramisu Chocolates, God's Way of Making Me Resemble A Hippo

I was told off for my lack of blogging nearly a fortnight ago, post Griffin gig. Slightly scared [my friends are scary people] I promised that I'd rectify the situation. Then came Alice and her Never Ending Wonderland, and the Beachball foot still resembling a beachball and I didn't. Plus I'd stepped into one of those Harry Potter reading marathons that overtake me every so often and in the entire 2 hours that I haven't had to spend at the WYP in the last fortnight there was NOTHING more important in the world than getting through the series so that maybe, if I hoped and prayed enough, the inevitable would not happen, Dumbledore would not die - and most importantly - Snape would not be responsible. But it didn't change. And I still found myself sniffing into an extra large kleenex.

But this isn't supposed to be about Potter, or even Snape because I know there are at least a couple of readers out there who are rolling their eyes and making comments about children's books. This is more a post-it-note to say that - despite having eaten my bodyweight in chocolate, gotten my crutches stuck in several doors and developed a pathological fear of icy pavements [which culminated last night with one of the other attendants at the WYP having to push me up the stairs which lead to the building, which was not flattering in the least] - I am still very much alive and if not kicking then at least wiggling.

So a very happy - if somewhat belated - Christmas from DA and an even better New Year. And my present to you all? The resumption of normal service. I'm nice like that.

6 comments:

Jen said...

WooHoo Great to see you back Coza.
Happy New Year to you too!!!

Now if only I could get my butt into gear with an update.....

My Secrets Inside said...

Nice to see you back posting, and it was lovely to meet you and speak to you, even though rather briefly, at York.
Happy new year :-)

Anonymous said...

at bloody last ;)

Nik said...

Ooh good present, hmm, maybe I should have given my readers presents...

Corinne said...

Ah, I'm glad you all haven't buggered off somewhere more interesting *rolls eyes*

Jen (msi) - It was lovely to meet you too, next time I'll make sure I'm not being ushered out of building as I attempt to talk ;-)

Val said...

I thought you must have sprained both wrists as well as your ankle (ok, I know its ligaments!)

Glad you're back - and nicely timed with my return to work so I have something interesting to read :-)