Monday, August 29, 2005

Coza The Builder

Coza The Builder

I stepped into the shop in the entrance of legoland and suddenly I was ten years old again. Because, for all my apparent cultivation of the fact that I am thinker rather than a doer, it's not something which is backed up by my lego construction tendencies*. I spent vast chunks of my childhood creating a variety of increasingly complex lego models, each one painstakingly built, often complete with my own modifications from the vast lego bucket that lived in my room. Obviously I was always fated to work for a building company. It's also the reason that I have no time for the 'girls lego' range that is very pink and devoid of any obvious building. Where's the fun in that? Just because I have two X chromosomes doesn't mean that I don't want to build a pirate ship thank you very much.

I really don't need an excuse for whipping out a lego model, even now I'm far past the age when that is decreed socially acceptable. So legoland. Paradise in a little plastic brick house. And I can't quite get across just how jealous I am that someone, somewhere spends their working day constructing lego models for mini land. I was particularly taken with their 'Angel of the North', thankfully I hadn't drunk any tequila so wasn't tempted to pick it up and leave the themepark with it.

But it was in the shop that legoland reached its peak. Because I managed to find an something that I don't know how I've managed to live without until this point. Yes, my life must have been a barren wasteland before I spent three pounds on this item.

The reason for this excitement?

Lego Snape on a keyring.

Does life get better than this?

*See also my residency as Furness household flatpack expert and year long reign as Wolfson Block Computer expert.

5 comments:

My Secrets Inside said...

A lego Snape :-0 How cool !!! I want one. lol

Corinne said...

I know! I was quite taken by the Harry and Hermione ones too, though I thought it possibly excessive to buy three. *rolls eyes*

Nik said...

dude, it is never excessive to buy three of anything. i can never go into a bookstore and buy just one book...not quite sure why since it's very hard [but not impossible] to read three books at once. xx

Shona said...

Feel free to come and play with Lego Snape, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Lupin, Sirius, Voldemort, Hagrid, Dumbledore, McGonagall etc in the Shrieking Shack/classrooms/Hagrid's hut/Quidditch pitch ... you name it Mark has probably got it - complete with new Knightbus [late birthday present from my sister] and a certain red train!!

Val said...

I'm loving lego Snape, now I've actualy 'met' him - he has that typical 'Alan' sneer - but I'm still working out what he's supposed to do with his hands???!!