Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Ripping Off The Plaster

Ripping Off The Plaster

When I saw that I'd have a four day break between exams I was rather pleased. For starters it meant that I could fit in some quality Eurovision time. Plus there was that big thing called sleep which I needed.

Now, on the final day of that break, the fear is back. I'm within touching distance of finishing and yet I've still got two exams and that's scary. And it's not that I have lots of time to ponder the issue - I've Swift, Defoe, Marvell and Behn to gloss over in preparation for tomorrow - but I've got enough time to feel a little scared. And aware that I still feel tired and that there's no Paddy Marber encounter to perk me up when I come back tomorrow and have to get on the Romantics/Austen learning quotes treadmill. Maybe I've just naturally reached the end of the time span that I'm able to cope with the sheer monotony of revision and exams. Nearly three months.

I want to be able to spend a day where I don't have it in my brain that everything has to take a certain time - and no more - so that I can fit in what has turned into nine hour revision sessions. I want to be able to properly read, not scanning for notes and taking quotations. I want to write. I want to be able to spend a day doing nothing of any real importance. I want to go shopping and try on clothes, not because I need something but because I want to. I want my spontenaity back.

I need to be able to switch my brain off.

4 comments:

Billygean said...

*hugs hugs hugs*

Val said...

'Break a leg' for the third act :) - very nearly there now, and think about just how very drunk you can get after that!
Love and Hugs, Val xxx

cat said...

the fountain is mere days away...

Corinne said...

Bring on the fountain...

Thankyou. It seems that my slot for blogging corresponded with my hour of feeling sorry for myself. *rolls eyes*

I should probably also think about how cheaply I'm going to be able to get drunk given my lack of alcohol over the past few months. I'm going to be on the floor after the first drink.