Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Drink, Anyone?

Drink, anyone?

Nearly two weeks ago I had my collection on Swift and his cohorts. And I've just come back from discussing the paper with Tony*.

And somehow, amongst my blagging and not being able to name more than one Aphra Behn poem, I got an average of 68%. Given that an average of 68.5% overall (albeit with at least two marks over 70% and none below 50%) gets you a first I'm somewhat shocked. And rather pleased. I may even have a Baileys tonight, albeit with a copy of Ben Jonson in my hand at the same time.

You can't say that I don't know how to live.

*He has postcards of Byron in his teaching room. How cool is that?**

**Shut up! To me that's cool.

2 comments:

Shona said...

Excellent result .... keep up the blagging.

Jude said...

Well done!...and you deserve a first for being able to spell her name let alone remembering what poems she wrote!