Sunday, March 27, 2005

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

I should probably establish a few things:

1. I do not row.
2. I have never rowed.
3. I have no intention of rowing in the future, distant or otherwise.
4. My only normal interest in rowers is in the top which Griffin used to wear which I christened his 'rowing top'.

And against those things I should balance one great hulking factor:

1. Today is the boat race.

There is no number two here. There doesn't need to be.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Rhys said...

Boat Race: Bloody elitist pap. Why don't they let other uni's into the boat race? Us scousers would give your daddy's boys a boot up the backside. If you can row the Mersey, you can row anything :)

Corinne said...

I think the reason that we don't let other Universities in [other than that most of them weren't around when the boat race started :P] is that we're rather obsessed with the Fenland Polytechnic of East Anglia. There are numerous 'blues' sporting events throughout the year, only by a fluke of nature this one gets televised.

Sounds like a challenge, Rhys ;-)!