Monday, March 14, 2005

Recommended by Sports Nutritionists

Recommended by Sports Nutritionists

Jaffa Cakes - cake or biscuit? It's an interesting one. Regardless of which food group they go into, I think it's safe to say that they have the most hilarious packaging of any highly-addictive snack. You don't get "Kit-Kataholics" advice on their packaging. But Jaffa Cakes. Oh yes. Those people at MCVities don't miss a step. And only 1.0g of fat per jaffa cake.

Which would, of course, be fine were there not only three of them left in the packet. And leaving three would be an insult to Mr McVitie. I'll be saving that Jaffaholics number then.

The subtext here is that, introduction, bibliography and a couple of critical inserts aside, my extended essay is finished. Unfortunately my capacity to sit and eat chocolate isn't.

7 comments:

Rhys said...

Cake. Otherwise they'd be Jaffa Biscuits....

Cat said...

Jaffa Cakes, never wrong. they're practically a health food, if you weren't eating them you'd have to have something far worse. and they've got fruit in them, sort of. had a dozen myself just yesterday...

ooh, a real-life Welsh bloke! what should six gals about town do on a Sunday night in Cardiff please Rhys?

Gayle said...

Can we please NOT discuss Jaffa Cakes when there are still 13 days left of Lent? I'm suffering, OK?

Rhys said...

cat: I've never been to cardiff in my life sorry. I'm from oop North end of Wales

Corinne said...

Sorry, Gayle, will censor all future references to jaffa centred snacks. At least for the next 12 days.

Val said...

DO they make jaffa cake Easter eggs, just for Gayle?

Gayle said...

If they don't, I might invent them. I could make millions. And get very fat.