Friday, March 25, 2005

Good Friday: The Musical

Good Friday: The Musical

So it's Good Friday. And I probably need to apologise to the religious amongst you for what I'm going to admit to next. I'd say that I've some shame about this but I'd be lying. Indeed I'm revelling in the whole idea. I'm spending tonight the only way that such a night should be spent.

Yep, that's right, I'm going to see Jesus Christ Superstar.

And I know that lightning bolt's headed straight at me but how kitsch is that? Religious contemplation through the medium of song and dance. Genius.

So if this blog stops tomorrow you'll know that God decreed that sending Jesus 'Happy Easter' cards* was a step too far.

*Though I'm hopeful of survival as we got through the whole 'sending jesus a birthday card' at Christmas debacle.

2 comments:

Val said...

I'm still very disappointed about the lack of good cards for the occasion, but as my nod to Easter was always to play the full version of JCS on Good Friday, I feel I'm going one better - I just hope no one in the cast is religious!

Rhys said...

Yeah, there are no good easter cards. Nobody sends them. We have 4 on our mantlepiece, and two of them are off our mum.